Tuesday, August 18, 2009

my submission defense vs. your years of jiujitsu training

oh, you and your seductive muay thai knees
you circle like a fucking tiger shark
but you swear you're on the straight and narrow,
just living off rain, but i don't fucking believe you
you swallowed the cold air too, your lungs are full of
sleet and electricity and all i've got is soft tissue

and all i can hear is your voice in my ear going
it's all about balance, billy. it's all about balance.
and you're fucking right because i lost it
and you passed my guard like it was made of fucking paper
and look where i am now, face down, colored red by blood
blinded by blood suffocated by blood submitted by blood

you forgot what the moves are called but
you're still fucking holding on
with a grip tight like a crowbar constrictor and
i can't fucking think and my brain's turning red
i know you're the winner and i'm just another tic mark
i'm the subhuman here it doesn't matter what i think anyway

so do me a favor and stop pretending
that your kimura isn't about to pop
my shoulder out of its socket.
maybe if you weren't pressing my face into the mat
you would be able to see that
i'm not fucking laughing

No comments: