Sunday, April 12, 2009

door to door

seriously, how stupid can you be
to keep your legs that soft and pale?
you know the boys living around the corner
they have faces like saints but eyes like shale
and you've seen them and their crying fingers
and the winking smiles and the crooked teeth
and the steam of breath and the mussed-up hair
and the stupid cruelty that lies beneath

but you're safe from me, kiddo,
i'll tell you now that my fingers don't cry
they steal whatever my lichen eyes want
but my lichen eyes will be passing you by
because you come from someplace far less wet
and you mean most of the words you say
and you shake hands without asking where they've been
what you lack is a lack of faith

i find a lack of faith
so attractive

go home, little girl

you're not old enough to satisfy my morbid curiosity

5 comments:

Ianthe Wilde said...

a) why does this think it was posted on saturday?
b) lichen eyes? lovely.

Lucia Kalinosky said...

It sounds like you are describing a zombie babe.

(slygutri)

Coweh said...

you're really good. be my friend?

Coweh said...

oops i'd didn't think that was an emo poem. was it? and i'm too lazy to correct my typo right now.

Coweh said...

"just me and nobody
smiling at each other"

smiles ≠ emo.