Friday, November 6, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Fc5AMZpBE skip the interview part at the beginning

i'm losing all my friends.
i'm losing them to self-consciousness,
quenching of the puerile thirst,
long distances, much too long
for my whispers to span.
i guess that means it's just not in me
to be a father.
i feel like i've been caught
in a trap made for fools.
the one spot of optimism
i forgot to rub out.
i used to resent it but
i miss the black and white field.

i am not your guardian
or your best friend.
i'm not even close.
today i am only a man who knows how to feel.
i've already dug myself the grave.
just do me one last favor:
before you wave me goodbye
ask the caretaker to keep my plot
clear of color.
i froze my body to make sure nothing would grow.
here i am condemned
but at least i am on the mend.
so i hope you'll forget the things i still lack.
like color. like friends.

4 comments:

Coweh said...

yeah i was wrong about the 19 thing. also, i have to go somewhere soon but i'll read this later and sing its praises 'cause i'm pretty sure its brilliant.

Coweh said...

i was right, it was brilliant.

but also sad. i'm beginning to notice a trend.

Coweh said...

oh. you're right! but i like it when you're happy.

Coweh said...

p.s. my confirmation code right there was "ocake".