Wednesday, October 28, 2009

he was a big guy. i fucked up. so he killed my friend. i don't know how he got his hands on me.

I need to move past all my wrong decisions.
but I'm stuck in the military sense of mind
of "leave no man behind." not even the bad parts of them.
So I go back, even if it means using the good parts
like a helmet on the stick,
and it's a crying shame but
not one I'll be crying about.

I'm stuck in the basements of horrible dreams.
these days my friends' eyes pass right over me.

and these days I'm so scared of the cold.
tell me, when will the winter end?
when will it be summer again?
when will I stop needing a friend?

1 comment:

Ianthe Wilde said...

well probably never, since humans are by nature codependent to a certain degree and therefore really require legitimate relationships with other people to survive.

just saying.

(but you probably meant that all hypothetical and metaphorical and shit, huh?)