Friday, August 8, 2008

rise against the sails

"all because of you, i haven't slept in so long,
and when i do i dream of drowning in the ocean,
longing for the shore, where i can lay my head down.
i'll follow your voice. all you have to do is
shout it out."

i'm walking the thin line between "slipping away"
and "too far gone" (to be saved)

the waves on all sides
and the rhythm of the bruises that cover me

i won't deny it; we lost control
i don't know if the screeching was real or just in my head

or if lightning split the mast
or just my exhausted lungs

if i can smell the blood, then i'm sure they can too
sweetest salvation, take me home.

2 comments:

Ianthe Wilde said...

song?

Ianthe Wilde said...

no, i meant "a song, not me, inspired this, right?"

i shall miss you too, but we handled five weeks so i think we can do less than one. ;)