Tuesday, February 26, 2008

part of a song i wrote while listening to Brand New, the first part being "in which i manufacture nightmares"

i hate to remember my leering face
when i watched the young wives pass;
and i would hate to return to that place,
but i'm slipping back much too fast;

take your hands to this sinking boat
and point its nose toward land;
for once in my life, i'd like it to float
and escape the sea bed sand;

i wish i could protect you, dear,
from this raging red typhoon,
but i want to see your face when you hear
that every one of us is doomed.

one day i'll stop nailing you up to my wall.
one day i'll give you love you can endure.
one day i'll touch you without taking it all.
and one day i will find you the cure.

so rip the sinner out of me.
so close my eyes and tell me when.
you'd better lock me up and swallow down the key,
because i swear, i swear i'll do it again.

save me from these venomous spies.
there are dead men watching me in the sky.
they all seem surprised that they are dead,
just like when they were shot in the backs of their heads,

I'LL STAB ALL THE DEAD MEN AND SAVOR THEIR MOANS.

No comments: