Wednesday, December 26, 2007

thank you, cody.

"All the love I want to give gets caught between every rib."

I was given a heart the size of the sun,
And it's burning up my insides in its eagerness to tell everyone it exists.
It wants to reach out and help the fallen to their feet,
steady those who are stumbling,
embrace the good people who have been damaged by night and by their own impulse to turn the other cheek.

But I can't see them.
They don't know I'm here.
How can I help them when the path between us is blocked by the unsentimental crowds?

God.
Oh God.
I just want to tell everyone:
"I love you."
I swear it's the truth. I swear that I will be my own role model,
because the one placed before me is sorely lacking;
I swear I will never lie to you.
Just let me bow down to you and let me smile

and let the sun break through the crowds.

As it is,
I am forced to settle for this,
to wander and burn and never be complete;
I will never be whole until I can explode.

No comments: